Wednesday, 7 January 2015


I went to the Doctor's today to get some skin cancer scary thing on my leg checked out and whilst there I was reminded that I hadn't updated my address details for Medicare.

So at lunch today, I logged onto the Medicare website to update my address details.

Where I was reminded I had to use MyGov to do this.

So I searched through my old emails until I found my random alpha-numeric user-id (yes, you can't use something as simple as your email as your user id, you get sent a random alpha numeric id).

I then had to get them to send me a new password ...  which of course required SMS phone and a secret pass code identification.

I then logged in, which required another SMS phone identification, and I had to answer another of my secret questions.

Then I went to change my address, and I had to answer yet another secret question.

I then finally got to change my address (yay) and I was asked to fill in a satisfaction survey (which I did saying what an excellent service it was as I do like the idea of being able to notify Government just once of an address change and then have this flow through to all Departments).

Two hours later, I got an email (I kid you not and wait for this ...) asking me to log into MyGov ... to read an email notification (yes, they couldn't just email me the email).

So, I looked up my special username again and typed it in.

I then typed in my password (I remembered it)

I (of course) then had to enter another SMS code that was sent to my phone, and then I finally read my email ...

Yep, after all that - it didn't work.

Surely, only the Government could make making things easier ... so much harder.